Happy Holidays from Sun Valley Associates!
Living in a Winter Wonderland
Top Five Places to Spend the Holidays in Sun Valley
1) Après (All Day?). After a day of skiing (or we’d count one lap), take your boots off (or keep them on, no judgment here) and treat yourself to a cocktail and free live music at River Run Lodge. Or, if you prefer the Warm Springs side, Apples is a locals’ favorite.
2) Walk Around a Winter Wonderland. Don’t miss the Sun Valley Village, where you’ll be able to find carolers, ice skaters, Christmas tree lit walkways, snow, and everything else you need to get into the holiday spirit.
3) Take a sleigh ride. Put on your warmest clothes and enjoy an evening cuddled under a blanket, with a hot toddy in hand while you let the Sun Valley horses take you on a tour of our beautiful valley. Want to make it a full night event? Do the Trail Creek Cabin sleigh ride and dinner – this is a once in a lifetime experience that the entire family will enjoy!
4) Ice Skating. Head to Sun Valley to catch a world-renowned ice-skating show, or give it a try by yourself or with your family & friends. A fun activity for everyone to enjoy!
5) Spend the day up north. Start the day off at Galena Lodge where you can go snowshoeing and cross country skiing on their pristinely groomed trails. Not much of a skier or snowshoer? Sitting in the lodge, enjoying the delicious food and taking in the amazing views are worth the drive.
What’s Happening in the Wood River Valley
Enjoy the magic of Sun Valley Village during the holidays with the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony. Festivities begin at 5:30pm and feature a visit from Santa, an ice carving demo, outdoor bar, live music and free hot chocolate with cookies. There really is something for everyone.
Head to Ketchum’s new performing arts center, the Argyros. Enjoy an evening of celebration presented by the Sun Valley Hallelujah Chorus gospel choir, Footlight Dance and other special guests. Visit the website for the full calendar.
Join in on this incredible Sun Valley tradition! Ski and ride under the lights at Dollar Mountain and end the night with fireworks. This event is family friendly and features music, face painting, a photo booth and much more. From 4-9pm.