July News & Updates
Top Five Ways To Do It All In July
With a month chock-full of activities, it takes a little strategy to get it all done.
1. Start your day early. The key is to do your outdoor recreating while it’s still cool.
2. Cool off. We have some amazing water holes to jump in here and nothing cools you down like a brisk swim in the river!
3. Hydrate + Nourish. Whether you’re a Grumpy’s burger-and-a-schooner kind of guy or gal or you hit up Bigwood Bread for a Fresh Bowl and some Perrier, it’s important to make sure you have enough calories to keep up your energy!
4. Hit the Town. Whether you’re off to the Wine Auction’s Vine & Dine, Ketch’em Alive, or a Concert at River Run put on your favorite Ketchum casual party attire, get out your cruiser, and bring some layers!
5. Can you say “After Party”? Who wants to go straight home after that much fun? Head to the Warfield rooftop or the Hailey Mint’s patio for a good-old-fashioned nightcap while you watch the sunset.
What’s Happening in the Wood River Valley
Yoga On The Mountain
Saturdays throughout the summer.
River Run Plaza + Lookout
Stretch out and wake up to fresh air on Saturday mornings during Yoga on the Mountain at River Run Plaza. The free classes at River Run Plaza are beginner-friendly. A limited number of mats are available, but guests are encouraged to bring their own. If you’d like to do Yoga on top of Baldy, the class is $40 (includes a gondola ticket). Learn more and view dates here.
Sun Valley On Ice
Select Saturday nights throughout the summer.
No one does skating like we do. Every summer, we deliver an original season of summer ice shows highlighting new stars and impressive athletic routines. The celebrated Sun Valley on Ice opens July 4th and runs select Saturday nights through Labor Day, featuring an all-star lineup of some of the world’s finest skaters. Watch in awe as Olympians like Alex and Maya Shibutani dazzle you with their precision, power, and grace. Enjoy the show from rink-side seating, so close you can feel the cool of the ice, or dine on our decadent buffet from the terrace of the Sun Valley Lodge, all while taking in the fresh sounds and thrilling action of today’s top skaters. Learn more and buy tickets here.
Sun Valley Wine Auction
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the surroundings while enjoying spectacular wines paired with food from world-class chefs. Delight in exclusive Vintner Dinners, an unforgettable Auction Gala and a lively Wine Tasting and Vine & Dine. Learn more & buy tickets here.
Sun Valley Writers’ Conference
For four days, SVWC writers and readers laugh and learn, hike and talk, and stretch the limits of their imagination. The days are filled with books, ideas, stimulation and fun. Extraordinary writers and thinkers talk with an engaged audience about their work, the world, and discuss why literature matters. Learn more and buy tickets here.
Sun Valley Tour de Force Car Show
Sun Valley Tour de Force is a weekend of epic proportions! At the Friday evening Sun Valley Tour de Force Car Show up to 200 cars gather on the closed streets surrounding Ketchum Town Square. Exotics, vintage as well as cars participating in Saturday’s high-speed event will be on display, offering an excellent preview and photo opportunity for guests. The event is FREE for all spectators. Saturday’s unique high-speed event takes place on a closed public road just minutes from the world-famous Sun Valley resort. Spectators will enjoy the thrill of watching the cars barrel down Highway 75 at Phantom Hill, surrounded by the statuesque Sawtooth Mountains. Learn more and buy tickets here.