June News & Updates
Top Five Ways To Get The Most Out Of A Sun Valley Independence Day
1. Get started early – With so many activities, you’re going to need all the daylight that you can get. FYI: Sunrise on July 4, 2018 is at 6:01 am and sunset will be at 9:22.
2. Take a hike – Really. Whether you go up north or stay right here in town, there are great options to get your heart pumping and take in beautiful views before a social afternoon.
3. Check out Hailey’s Days of the Old West Rodeo if you haven’t before. Details here.
4. Barbecue – It’s a timeless tradition for a reason. What better way to enjoy friends and family than over a grill with burgers, dogs, and beer.
5. Fireworks – no independence day is complete without them! Head to Penny Hill on your cruisers (don’t forget blankets and your layers) and enjoy the show.
What’s Happening in the Wood River Valley
Sun Valley Brewfest
June 15 | Ketchum Town Square
Don’t miss the chance to sample some of the finest craft beer in the Northwest right here in beautiful Ketchum/Sun Valley, Idaho. Learn more here.
Every Tuesday Night
Forest Service Park | 7-9pm
Celebrating 20 years of free music in Forest Service Park featuring food and beverage vendors on Washington Ave. Ketch’em Alive is a free summer concert series that starts June 18 and continues every Tuesday from 7-9pm at Forest Service Park. National and regional music acts ranging from folk to electronica light up the stage as the sun goes down.
June 21-23 | Bald Mountain
Western Spirit Cycling has partnered with Sun Valley to provide a summer solstice Outerbike in one of the bucket list locations of mountain biking. With over 400 miles of singletrack spread throughout the valley, the mountain biking is some of the best-and most scenic-in the country. Bald Mountain now boasts America’s longest purpose-built downhill and 3,100 feet of thrilling lift-accessed trails (including two new downhill rides!). Learn more & buy tickets here.
Ballet Sun Valley
July 5 &7 | Sun Valley Pavilion
Under the artistic direction of Helgi Tomasson, San Francisco Ballet will bring 38 Company dancers from 13 countries to perform two completely different programs in the iconic Sun Valley Pavilion. Program A on July 5 presents an evening of mixed repertory work and pas de deux. Program B on July 7 features three ballets from the 2018 Unbound Festival of New Works. Learn more & buy tickets here.
Sun Valley Wine Auction
July 18-20 | Various Locations
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the surroundings while enjoying spectacular wines paired with food from world-class chefs. Delight in exclusive Vintner Dinners, an unforgettable Auction Gala and a lively Wine Tasting and Vine & Dine. Learn more & buy tickets here.
Sun Valley Writers’ Conference
July 20-23 | Sun Valley Pavilion
For four days, SVWC writers and readers laugh and learn, hike and talk, and stretch the limits of their imagination. The days are filled with books, ideas, stimulation and fun. Extraordinary writers and thinkers talk with an engaged audience about their work, the world, and discuss why literature matters. Learn more and buy tickets here.