February News & Updates
We hope you’re settling into 2019 and your new year’s resolutions are still on track. It’s certainly been another winter to remember here in Sun Valley. With new snow and iconic Sun Valley bluebird days, we are constantly reminded why we live in this mountain town.
This past holiday season brought huge numbers of visitors to our Valley; many business owners reported their strongest sales and occupancy in years. Our community is thriving and the energy is undeniable. So far 2019 has seen new restaurants, a full slate of cultural events, another Boulder Mountain Tour in the books and the opening of The Argyros Performing Arts Center. For a full list of what’s happening in Ketchum and Sun Valley, check out Visit Sun Valley’s
in-depth calendar of events.
We hope that you’ll join us here in Sun Valley soon, and if you’re lucky enough to call yourself a local, see you around town!
Photo: Sofia DeWolfe
Top Five Places to Satisfy your Food Cravings on Date Night
1) Rickshaw. Creative, fresh, small plates are inspired by the flavors and foods in locales such as Thailand, Vietnam, China, and Indonesia. This intimate and cozy establishment is sure to win you over every time.
2) Enoteca. Long-time locals, the Mason family has truly perfected this gem of a restaurant and wine cellar. From house-cured meats to wine and cheese platters with local honey to wood fire gourmet pizza, Enoteca’s choices are sure to satisfy.
3) Michel’s Christiania. Classic ski town date night destination. The “Christie”, steeped in our ski town history, is known for serving traditional French cuisine and fine French and American wines in a European atmosphere. Looking for a lighter menu? Belly up to the Olympic Bar.
4) The Covey. New to town, The Covey has the ambiance and decor you would expect from any hip metropolitan dining locale except with small mountain town charm and finesse. Watch the chefs prepare your meal while you enjoy a large selection of beers and wine.
5) Paddles Up Poke. Located at Hotel Ketchum, grab a poké bowl, burrito or salad to enjoy while sitting either in the restaurant, by the fire in the Hotel Ketchum lobby, or while enjoying drinks at The Hangout.
What’s Happening in the Wood River Valley
The PK’s Baldy Challenge
Feb. 4 – Mar. 13
The PK’s Baldy Challenge is an annual fundraiser where participants ski/board each run on Baldy in the month of February. This year’s donations benefit the Hunger Coalition. Sign-up at PK’s Ski and Sports or Apple’s Bar and Grill. See you on the hill!
Warfield Cocktail Society
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Warfield’s Cocktail Society’s goal is to educate the public on spirits and the art of making cocktails. Learn basic mixology skills and gain a general knowledge of all major liquor categories and the histories behind them. Click here for more info.
Stanley Winterfest is fun for the whole family! From a raft riding down a snow-covered hill, to live music and street dancing. For a complete list of events and times, see the event schedule on Stanley Winterfest
. Put down that shovel and head to Stanley for a weekend you won’t forget!
17th Annual Share Your Heart Ball
Saturday, February 16 at 5 pm
Voted Valley’s “Best Charity Event, you don’t want to miss out on this celebration where you will experience what happens when people gather to bring love and hope into the challenging world of childhood cancer. Join together for an incredible evening of socializing, camp games, fine dining, dancing to the tunes of No Limits and going above and beyond to raise your paddles high – all in the spirit of giving these courageous children joy and hope.
Family of Woman Film Festival
The Family of Woman Film Festival
was founded in Sun Valley in 2008. This festival brings attention to the work of the United Nations Population Fun, which works in more than 150 countries to assure women and girls have access to reproductive health care, education and basic human rights. For a full list of available films, Click Here.