January News & Updates
Happy New Year!
With new snow and more in the forecast, we’re rejoicing after our relatively belated first real powder days. Better late than never!
Reflecting upon 2018, it was a pretty incredible year— both for our Valley and our team, and we hope for you and yours. We’re looking forward to a bright and prosperous 2019! Whether you find yourself investing in a new property or selling a current one, we hope that you’ll consider working with us in the New Year.
Photo: Visit Sun Valley
Top Five Places to Enjoy an Idaho Potato
1) The Pioneer. The iconic JIM SPUD – Picture this: a potato the size of your head with prime rib and all the fixins’. Add a bar marg for good measure..
2) The Powerhouse. Hand-cut French fries with optional truffle oil and parmesan cheese. How could you say no? Bonus add on: the homemade ketchup and hot sauce..
3) Apple’s Bar & Grill. Tachos (Tater Tot Nachos) – Tater tots smothered in chili, jalapeños, and guacamole sauce. They’re open till six, better hurry.
4) Lefty’s Bar & Grill. Monkey fries. Deliciously seasoned, ruffled-cut, chip-shaped disks of potato-ey goodness. Copious amounts of fry sauce is mandatory.
5) The Sawtooth Club. Potato skins – A timeless classic cooked to perfection with all your favorite condiments: sour cream, onion, and bacon. Because you can’t go wrong with that.
What’s Happening in the Wood River Valley
Saturday, January 19
Now in its 7th year, the Baldy Banked Slalom is a qualifier for the legendary Mt Baker Banked Slalom held in February. Sun Valley Resort’s only snowboard-specific event! This year the BBS will be held at the top of Warm Springs run and end just before I-80 from 9:00am-4:00pm. Click here for more info.
12th Annual Pond Hockey Classic
Christina Potters Ice Rink
Saturday, January 19-20
Adult 4×4 Pond Hockey Tournament. This is a fun filled day, watching teams of all levels duke it out for the infamous golden shovel. Who will take the title this year?
Sun Valley Nordic Festival
The Nordic Festival is a four-day event culminating in the grueling but exciting Boulder Mountain Tour, which comprises 34- and 15-kilometer Nordic races. The festival features clinics, town races, and other fun events.
Banff International Film Festival
February 4 – February 5
The Banff Mountain Film Festival is an inspiring international film competition featuring the world’s best footage on mountain subjects. The World Tour provides a first-class film experience for those who cannot make the annual trek to the Canadian Rockies. The Argyros hosts the 2019 Tour, which marks the 19th year that the Banff Mountain Film Festival.
Galena & The Trails Winter Benefit
Saturday, January 26
A gala event held in support of Galena Lodge and the Trails.
The celebration includes a three-course dinner with wine, an extensive silent and live auction, Stand for Galena paddle raise, followed by live music and dancing with the High Street Party Band. Join the BCRD and the Nordic community for this wonderful community event and help raise crucial funds to support the maintenance and future of Galena Lodge and the Trails. Remember, no tax dollars are used to support Galena and the Trails. Start coordinating with your family and friends now! Questions? Contact Megan Stevenson at 208-578-5459 or email@example.com