June News & Updates
Top 5 Ways to Get the Most out of a Sun Valley Independence Day
1) Get Started Early. With so many activities, you’re going to need all the daylight that you can get. FYI: Sunrise on July 4, 2018 is at 6:01 am and sunset will be at 9:22.
2) Take A Hike. Really. Whether you go up north or stay right here in town, there are great options to get your heart pumping and take in beautiful views before a social afternoon.
3) Check out Hailey’s Day of the Old West Rodeo. Everyone should experience it once. Details here.
4) Barbecue. It’s a timeless tradition for a reason. What better way to enjoy friends and family than over a grill with burgers, dogs, and beer.
5) Watch the Fireworks. No independence day is complete without them! Head to Penny Hill on your cruisers (don’t forget blankets and your layers) and enjoy the show.
What’s Happening in the Wood River Valley
Black & White Soiree – June 22, 2018
Enjoy an evening at Trail Creek Cabin for The Advocates annual Black & White Soiree. Invest in safe lives while enjoying dinner, a live auction, and dancing to Big Wow Band.
Ketch’em Alive – Every Tuesday Night 7-9pm at Forest Service Park, Ketchum
Ketch’em Alive is a free summer concert series that takes place every Tuesday from 7:00PM to 9:00PM at Forest Service Park. National and regional music acts ranging from folk to electronica light up the stage as the sun goes down.
Ballet Sun Valley – July 17 & 18, 2018
Sun Valley Wine Auction – July 19-21, 2018
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the surroundings while enjoying spectacular wines paired with food from world-class chefs. Delight in exclusive Vintner Dinners, an unforgettable Auction Gala and a lively Wine Tasting and Vine & Dine. Learn more & buy tickets here.
Sun Valley Writers’ Conference – July 21-24, 2018
For four days, SVWC writers and readers laugh and learn, hike and talk, and stretch the limits of their imagination. The days are filled with books, ideas, stimulation and fun. Extraordinary writers and thinkers talk with an engaged audience about their work, the world, and discuss why literature matters. Learn more and buy tickets here.